Post by Dr. Mathews on Nov 9, 2015 13:30:13 GMT -6
Alcohol poisoning occurs when a person drinks large amounts of alcohol in a short period of time. Drinking too much too quickly can affect your breathing, heart rate, body temperature and gag reflex, and can potentially lead to coma and death. Here are some signs and symptoms of alcohol poisoning: •Confusion •Vomiting •Seizures •Slow breathing (less than eight breaths a minute) •Irregular breathing (a gap of more than 10 seconds between breaths) •Blue-tinged skin or pale skin •Low body temperature (hypothermia) •Passing out (unconsciousness) and can't be awakened.
If you suspect alcohol poisoning seek immediate medical attention.